7/13: Introduction to Copperplate with Ellie Camp
Time & Location
About the Workshop
Class Level: Beginner
Age Requirements: 12 and older
Average Class Size: 12-15
Teacher: Ellie Camp
This workshop is designed for people who would like an introduction to the specific style and practice of Copperplate Script and is suitable for beginners. All materials will be provided.
- During this workshop we will learn about:
- A short intro to basic calligraphy tools and using a pointed pen
- Correct pen holding position and posture
- Drills for warming up and controlling ink flow
- Basic strokes and letter formation
- How to write the lowercase and uppercase alphabets
Ellie Camp is a professional calligrapher and occasional teacher based in Mountain View, CA. She has been practicing calligraphy since 2011 and you can follow her on Instagram at @calligraphellie.