Tue, Jan 28|
TC Art Shop
1/28: Calligraphy Meetup @ TC Art Shop: Lettering Challenge #5
Gathering all calligraphers, hand-letterers, creatives, and people interested in the art of Calligraphy in the South Bay. This meetup includes a challenge (see details for more info) in which you will bring to share and discuss!
Time & Location
Jan 28, 2020, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM
TC Art Shop, 60 North San Pedro Street, San Jose, CA, USA
About the Workshop
Gathering all calligraphy, lettering, journaling, and bullet journaling enthusiasts in the South Bay and beyond! In these meetups, I want to focus on bringing together a community of local creatives who has an interest in calligraphy, lettering, typography, drawing, journaling, and more. ALL levels and experience are welcome. No really. ALL LEVELS.
For the fifth meetup, we have yet another lettering/calligraphy challenge: see below. I hope this exercise will help inspire and spark our creativity, but also guide us to practice and help us grow in our lettering/calligraphy journey.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
1. Take a day or two to sit down and draft, practice and create.
2. Challenge: If you had to choose one word to define your 2020 (we're doing something manifestation here), what would it be? It could be two words or even a phrase, nevertheless, if it were to come true with no boundaries...what would your word(s) be?
3. Using any type of medium, create a piece that's around 8.5x11. Try to experiment with different tools and styles or keep at your style.
4. Make sure to label the piece with "My 2020 Word is...", "My 2020 Word", "2020 Words..." along with your chosen word/phrase.
5. Bring it to the meetup to discuss and share.
6. . Post a photo of it on Instagram using #TCMeetup_SJ and tag me @travelingcalligrapher, so I can see what you do and share your work!
Have fun! (See photo above for the one I created for inspiration)
During the meetup, we will be sitting around the table and taking this time to practice whatever we are working on. As we are practicing, we can open the meetup to a Q&A on anything and everything about the calligraphy/lettering world. I will lead the Q&A and also chat about some of our creative goals for this year.
What to expect at the meetup:
- we will have refreshments, drinks, and bites
- we'll present our work
- feel free to bring your favorite tools to work on your project
- we'll have an informal q&a
- come mingle!
Bring your supplies and your lovely self. It's going to be a cozy night of crafting and chatting.
The fee is to cover snacks and refreshments.$7.00
I'll Bring Snacks/Drinks
No need to purchase the ticket if you are bringing small snacks or food, just select the free ticket.$0.00