05/30: Pointed-Pen for Beginners (Virtual Calligraphy Class)
Time & Location
About the Workshop
Class Size: 5-12 Students
Join me in this beginning pointed-pen workshop...virtually! This workshop will be structured very similary to my in-person workshops. There will be step-by-step instructions, live demos and it's going to be a lot of fun! I'll teach you everything you need to know to get started with pointed-pen calligraphy in the comfort of your home or wherever you are at this time.
In this workshop, we will be exploring a more modern style of calligraphy using pointed which derives from letter-forms and structures of formal scripts such as Copperplate and Spencerian. This style consists of thin upstrokes, thick downstrokes, and ovals. I will go over the all the tools, how to hold the pen, understanding the guidelines, and basic strokes for the first half of the class. In the second half, we will then go through the lowercase alphabet and an intro on how to connect letters.
By the end of the course, you'll have learned a foundation you'll need to continue with pointed-pen calligraphy. After the class, to continue your growth and practice, you'll get an opportunity to submit one entry for my feedback on your work. Feedback can be sent via email or we can hop on a Zoom call to discuss feedback.
Virtual Workshop Includes:
- 2.5 hours of instruction which includes a front facing camera of myself...but not for long until I change it to an overhead camera so you can easliy follow along the live demonstrations
- Calligraphy Workbook (A PDF digital copy will be emailed to you to print at home, if you need supplies, see instructions below)
- 1 round of feedback after the class
*supplies are sold separately
What you will need for the workshop:
- A viewing device that is able to connect with Zoom (Computer, Tablet, Phone, etc.) You are welcome to use a camera to show your work during the workshop
- Table space for the workshop
- Oblique Pen Holder
- Nib (Zebra G, Nikko G, Leonardt EF Principle is recommended)
- Bleedproof Practice Paper (Rhodia Graph Paper Recommended)
- Calligraphy Ink
- Calligraphy Ink Holder (optional)
Already have supplies?
You're halfway there! Purchase the "Workshop Only" ticket if you have all the supplies you need to take the workshop. I will send you a PDF calligraphy guide a few days before the workshop.
Don't Have Supplies?
Don't you fret! Purchase the "Workshop & Supplies Kit" ticket to receive a calligraphy kit (Oblique pen holder, nib, paper, ink and ink holder). This ticket includes the workshop, supplies, shipping, PDF calligraphy guide, and one round of feedback. Last day to purchase this ticket is Saturday, May 23, 2020 by 2PM.
If you are missing some supplies, I have them indivdually listed on my online shop. You're welcome to purchase what you're missing here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/tcalligrapher.
Last day to purchase the "Workshop & Art Kit" Ticket as well as supplies is Saturday, May 23, 2020 by 2PM to ensure your supplies arrive on-time for the workshop.
*registration is limited, an advanced payment is required to secure the workshop.
*This class is beginner level course catered to students with no previous knowledge.
- Workshop Only$59$590$0
- Workshop & Supplies Kit$79$790$0