04/24: Beginning Copperplate/Pointed-Pen, Part 2 (Virtual Calligraphy Class)
Time & Location
About the Workshop
Workshop Size: 10-12 Students
Join Queeny, owner of Traveling Calligrapher, in this virtual pointed-pen workshop, Part 2, for beginners. This workshop will be a continuation of Part 1. We will be mastering letterforms, letters we get stuck on, connecting letters and an introduction to Uppercase letters. There will be a step-by-step guide and instructions and live demos.
By the end of the course, you'll have more confidence in your basic strokes and connecting letters. After the class, to continue your growth and practice, we will have an optional Q&A time where you'll get an opportunity to ask any questions or see any demos.
Virtual Workshop Includes:
- 3 hours of instruction which includes a front facing camera of myself...but not for long until I change it to an overhead camera so you can easliy follow along the live demonstrations
- 15 minute (optional) Q&A after the workshop
- Calligraphy Workbook (A PDF digital copy will be emailed to you to print at home, if you need supplies, see instructions below)
- Homework feedback (there will be a homework assignment at the end of the session and students can send me the homework via email for a chance to recieve feedback on ways to improve.
* Supplies are sold separately
** This workshop is open to all students, if you are unable to attend due to the time zone difference, a recording will be available after class for 30 days via Zoom **
What you will need for the workshop:
- Calligraphy Supplies (see list below)
- A viewing device that is able to connect with Zoom (Computer, Tablet, Phone, etc.) You are welcome to use a camera to show your work during the workshop
- A quiet, distract-free table space for the workshop
- Oblique Pen Holder
- Nib (Zebra G or Nikko G is recommended)
- Bleedproof Blank Practice Paper (Rhodia Graph Paper or HP 32lb Laser Jet Paper Recommended)
- Calligraphy Ink (non-waterproof sumi ink)
- Calligraphy Ink Holder
Already have supplies?
You're halfway there! Purchase the "Workshop Only" ticket if you have all the supplies you need to take the workshop. I will send you a PDF calligraphy guide a few days before the workshop.
Don't Have Supplies?
Don't you fret! Purchase the "Workshop & Supplies Kit" ticket to receive a calligraphy kit (Oblique pen holder, nib, paper, ink and ink holder). This ticket includes the workshop, supplies, shipping, PDF calligraphy guide, and one round of feedback. Last day to purchase this ticket is Wednesday, April 7th, 2021.
If you are missing some supplies, I have them indivdually listed on my online shop. You're welcome to purchase what you're missing here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/tcalligrapher.
Last day to purchase the "Workshop & Supplies Kit" Ticket as well as supplies is Wednesday, April 7th, 2021 to ensure your supplies arrive on-time for the workshop.
Interested in the 1st part of this workshop?
Participants must have taken Part 1 of my beginner pointed-pen calligraphy workshop or have had taken a course on your own.
*registration is limited, an advanced payment is required to secure the workshop.
*This class is beginner level course catered to students with no previous knowledge.
- Part 2 Workshop Only (1/16)$50$500$0
- Part 2 Workshop & Kit$65$650$0