01/09: Pointed-Pen Calligraphy for Beginners, Part 1 (Virtual Calligraphy Class)
Time & Location
About the Workshop
Workshop Size: 10-12 Students
2021: Learn something new for the start of the new year!
Join Queeny, owner of Traveling Calligrapher, in this virtual pointed-pen workshop for beginners. This workshop will be structured very similary to my in-person workshops. There will be step-by-step instructions, live demos and it's perfect for absolute beginners. I'll teach you everything you need to know to get started with pointed-pen calligraphy in the comfort of your home or wherever you are at this time.
In this workshop, we will be exploring a more modern style of calligraphy using pointed which derives from letter-forms and structures of formal scripts such as Copperplate and Spencerian. This style consists of thin upstrokes, thick downstrokes, and ovals. I will go over the all the tools, how to hold the pen, understanding the guidelines, and basic strokes for the first half of the class. In the second half, we will then go through the lowercase alphabet and an intro on how to connect letters.
By the end of the course, you'll have learned a foundation you'll need to continue with pointed-pen calligraphy. After the class, to continue your growth and practice, we will have an optional Q&A time where you'll get an opportunity to ask any questions or see any demos.
Virtual Workshop Includes:
- 3 hours of instruction which includes a front facing camera of myself...but not for long until I change it to an overhead camera so you can easliy follow along the live demonstrations
- 30 minute (optional) Q&A after the workshop
- Calligraphy Workbook (A PDF digital copy will be emailed to you to print at home, if you need supplies, see instructions below)
*supplies are sold separately
What you will need for the workshop:
- A viewing device that is able to connect with Zoom (Computer, Tablet, Phone, etc.) You are welcome to use a camera to show your work during the workshop
- Table space for the workshop
- Oblique Pen Holder
- Nib (Zebra G, Nikko G, Leonardt EF Principle is recommended)
- Bleedproof Practice Paper (Rhodia Graph Paper Recommended)
- Calligraphy Ink
- Calligraphy Ink Holder (optional)
Already have supplies?
You're halfway there! Purchase the "Workshop Only" ticket if you have all the supplies you need to take the workshop. I will send you a PDF calligraphy guide a few days before the workshop.
Don't Have Supplies?
Don't you fret! Purchase the "Workshop & Supplies Kit" ticket to receive a calligraphy kit (Oblique pen holder, nib, paper, ink and ink holder). This ticket includes the workshop, supplies, shipping, PDF calligraphy guide, and one round of feedback. Last day to purchase this ticket is Friday, January 1st, 2021.
If you are missing some supplies, I have them indivdually listed on my online shop. You're welcome to purchase what you're missing here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/tcalligrapher.
Last day to purchase the "Workshop & Art Kit" Ticket as well as supplies is Friday, January 1st, 2021 to ensure your supplies arrive on-time for the workshop.
Interested in the 2nd part of this workshop?
Although, not necessary to continue your learning. I am having a Part 2 as a tagalong for this workshop. I will be going over letters that are tricky, mastering connecting letters, and introducing the basic strokes for Uppercase Letters!
You may purchase both classes at a discount at checkout.
*registration is limited, an advanced payment is required to secure the workshop.
*This class is beginner level course catered to students with no previous knowledge.
- Part 1 Workshop Only (1/9)$70$700$0
- Sold OutPart 1 Workshop & Kit$95$950$0
- Part 1 & 2 Workshop Only$110$1100$0
- Sold OutPart 1 & 2 Workshop & Kit$135$1350$0